Highly important question.

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.

Dental hygeine

Floss, then brush
36%
Brush, then floss
45%
What are you, my dentist?
18%

Total votes: 22

JupiterAmy

Highly important question.

Post by JupiterAmy »

Please use this space to discuss this and other similarly important questions.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
Sarah

Re: Highly important question.

Post by Sarah »

I brush, then floss. But then I'm an unenthusiastic flosser--I only do it every now and then--so I have to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak, and it seems to warm up after I brush. I suspect it's better to do it the other way around and that best of all would be to brush, floss, and then brush again.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

You should floss first. This pulls the crap from between the teeth and lets the brush have easier access to those areas. It also allows the toothpaste foam to ooze into those spaces.
X
bettie

Post by bettie »

I have been told to brush first, then floss. On the rare occasion that I floss, I do it that way. Actually, who am I kidding. On the rare occasion that I floss, I do so regardless of whether I have brushed. Have to take advantage of the fact that 1) I remembered to floss and 2) I remembered where the floss was.

(I believe the reason for brushing first was because it can force food and stuff between your teeth, so you want to floss afterward to get everything out. Sounds fishy to me, since flossing is mainly for your gums. I bet it doesn't matter when you floss.)
mouse

Post by mouse »

I don't floss every day (I'm trying to work on that) but when I do, I floss before I brush.
"The massage area. Why? To increase the nudity." ~Joss Whedon

"It's a miraculous thing, the hoohoo. I once saw a woman fit one of those minicars full of clowns in her hoohoo." ~Ghost

"Two by two, boobs of blue." ~MenleyNin
costello_girl

Post by costello_girl »

I brush first, then floss. I floss nearly every day, but this is a relatively new routine in my life. I used to hate, hate, HATE flossing, then someone gave me some Oral B Satin floss. Lo and behold! I discovered that, instead of sticking between my teeth and requiring ridiculous strength to pull said floss out, I could just zip it in and out with no problem. Glide works just as well. And flossing regularly means more kissing. Kissing is good.
the P@

Post by the P@ »

Dude!! I had no idea this place had polls available!

(Brush, then floss.)
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

JupiterAmy wrote:Please use this space to discuss this and other similarly important questions.
Oh I floss first.

Actually, that's a lie. I drink strong coffee and watch Bewitched.
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

the P@ wrote:Dude!! I had no idea this place had polls available!
Good, good. [rubs hands together]
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
mgan

Post by mgan »

Floss and then brush - that whole brushing away the flossed out bits and all.

And yes, that satin floss is teh awesome!