Dollhouse

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Ghost

Re: Dollhouse

Post by Ghost »

He's still on BSG, but there are only 4 episodes left and they probably finished first unit filming last summer. That would have left him plenty of time to film in Dollhouse.
X
talula

Post by talula »

I agree the second ep was better.

However, it was like half an hour of a helpless girl running around in the woods from a scary scary man. Now, even while watching it, I knew she was going to kick ass by the end of the ep, but still, just a little too much of the helpless girl, included within the overall assumption that she's 9 times out of 10 created to be someone's sex toy. Even knowing she's going to snap out of it eventually I'm sure, it's still a little icky. And very un-Joss even to show that sort of crap.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yes, there is a sleaziness to the show. Right now, in fact, it's something of a voyeur's dream, a perception helped by the giggling, callow Topher character, whom I imagine doing all kinds of nasty things to those poor actives.

Naturally, I'll continue to watch the show.
olthar

Post by olthar »

Somehow I don't really see that much of a difference between this and early buffy. If you think about it a lot of the early buffy was a girl gets kidnapped or killed, buffy comes in and saves the day. This seems to just twist it to eliza is both the damsel and the savior.

The best part of the third episode was the shake of eliza's head at the end.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

There's also a lot more flesh and a lot more sex. Plus Dushku is a worse actor than Gellar.

Really, if one is looking for a show with a tough female lead who resorts to neither sex nor flesh to prevail, The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the way to go.
Podgy

Post by Podgy »

After the third episode, I'm back to "Meh." Also, Eliza keeps forgetting to put pants on.

I will keep watching though. I'm a sucker that way.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Podgy wrote:After the third episode, I'm back to "Meh." Also, Eliza keeps forgetting to put pants on.
This is enough to get me to start watching!!

Don't look at me like that!
X
Dr. Unholy

Post by Dr. Unholy »

I just really don't care for this show.

I think I might have to give back my "Whedonite" membership card by saying so, because so far I'm just horribly underwhelmed.

It makes me sad. :cry: