Advice politely requested, please

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Jonathan

Re: Advice politely requested, please

Post by Jonathan »

What?? How long have women been able to work in banks?? Son, you should concentrate on being a governess, it's the only decent thing to do. :(
Bally

Post by Bally »

Lucretia wrote:
Joel Cairo wrote:So, we won't get to come to Edinburgh to see you? :cry:

Will you at least bring Jonathan with you?
Er .... dunno Joel Cairo - who are you?!
I'm reasonably sure - using detective skills garnered through playing videogames all day - that it's Sam_Spade. The Ball's in your court, Mr. Richard - confirm, or deny?
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Dammit, I'm not a piece of luggage! Who's Joel Cairo anyway?
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Jonathan wrote:Dammit, I'm not a piece of luggage! Who's Joel Cairo anyway?
No idea son, sounds like a foreign bugger to me.
Sam_Spade

Post by Sam_Spade »

This is a disgrace :x , i sentence you both to view the greatest film ever made, The Maltese Falcon. :ugeek:

Joel Cairo is a character in said film

Yes, it's Sam Spade, and the question's still stand, are you bringing your brother with you? (he's a wee fellow, you can tuck him into your backpack 8-) ), and will we not get to visit you in Edinburgh again? :cry:
When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.

Sam Spade to Joel Cairo ~ The Maltese Falcon.
Sam_Spade

Post by Sam_Spade »

Lucretia wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Dammit, I'm not a piece of luggage! Who's Joel Cairo anyway?
No idea son, sounds like a foreign bugger to me.

You're right, on both counts. ;)

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Sam_Spade wrote:This is a disgrace :x , i sentence you both to view the greatest film ever made, The Maltese Falcon. :ugeek:

Joel Cairo is a character in said film

Yes, it's Sam Spade, and the question's still stand, are you bringing your brother with you? (he's a wee fellow, you can tuck him into your backpack 8-) ), and will we not get to visit you in Edinburgh again? :cry:
Um ..... I changed my mind, and opted for teacher training instead (in Scotland). Except I may not get into that. Because, as people (not anyone on the WD) insist on telling me, it's "REALLY COMPETITIVE". Right, fine, but, does that mean I should give up hope? Grrrrr.

I will have to move back to my parents' for 9 months, and have no social life or money, which will KILL me, but it's for the greater good.

If I don't get into teacher training, I might go and work on a cruise ship. I am not kidding you. Customer service is my thang, and I want to travel.

When did life get so complicated??!!!
Sam_Spade

Post by Sam_Spade »

Lucretia wrote: Um ..... I changed my mind, and opted for teacher training instead (in Scotland). Except I may not get into that. Because, as people (not anyone on the WD) insist on telling me, it's "REALLY COMPETITIVE". Right, fine, but, does that mean I should give up hope? Grrrrr.

I will have to move back to my parents' for 9 months, and have no social life or money, which will KILL me, but it's for the greater good.

If I don't get into teacher training, I might go and work on a cruise ship. I am not kidding you. Customer service is my thang, and I want to travel.

When did life get so complicated??!!!

OK, here's what you do when someone has the nerve to give you negative vibes....shove a sharpened pencil into their nether regions, i promise you that it will negate their argument in an instant.

It may be a competitive field, but you're a determined sort of person who will not buckle at the first hurdle, have faith, m'dear.

Though if you go for the cruise ship option i will definitely attend your next WD party. :mrgreen:

And better a complicated life than a dull one.

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

And better a complicated life than a dull one.
Thank you for your kind and helpful words.