Now Posting in Kodachrome

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Techboy

Now Posting in Kodachrome

Post by Techboy »

Okay, seeing as this is one big "testing", and no OT, this is my first original post using chrome by Google.

My initial thoughts - spartan (which I actually like because of the bigger viewing area), may be a little too much. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get my favorites to appear, and there is no text menu, nor useful tool icons up top. Well, there is the tool, but the buttons I'm used to using with IE and Firefox aren't there. Other than that, it seems to load pages very fast (as fast or faster than Opera). For hahas, I went to you tube - BOOM! there it was.

Is it worth making my default browser? I don't know yet. I have to see how it handles forms. Even then, this is a beta, and I don't know if I'll keep it. It is open source, though.
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
pellenaka

Re: Now Posting in Kodachrome

Post by pellenaka »

I tried it out as well. The things I dislike about it are the same things I dislike about IE7 and the one you mentioned: The missing menus, particularly the "Files etc" menu at the top. I know that they want me to be able to see more of the websites without having to scroll but I just don't like it - the screen becomes too big. It's the same with Vista in general - less menus. It's just too simplistic. I love my menus, dammit!
Also, one little petty that annoyed me about Chrome is that I couldn't close the window by double-clicking on the top left corner like I can everywhere else.
I'll stick to Firefox for now.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 pm.