Sweet BOQ, dude.

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Bally

Sweet BOQ, dude.

Post by Bally »

OK, let's see if I can remember how to do this...

Code: Select all

[b]Mars: Will we Earthlings ever send people to Mars?[/b]

[b]Refreshers: What's your hangover cure?[/b]

[b]Jelly Babies: President Reagan said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat their jelly babies. Let's do some pop psychology: how do you eat jelly babies?[/b]

[b]Yorkie: It's not for girls, apparently... till they released the one in the pink wrapper. Can you remember any other sexist adverts?[/b]

[b]Bounty: If you sold all your possessions, how much would it fetch?[/b]

[b]Minstrels: What was the last gig that you went to?[/b]

[b]After Eight: What are you doing tonight?[/b]

[b]and finally...[/b]

[b]Turkish Delight: It's ever so nearly Christmas! Are you going to have a good time?[/b]
Lucretia

Re: Sweet BOQ, dude.

Post by Lucretia »

Mars: Will we Earthlings ever send people to Mars?

I maintain my stance that horrified WDers ten years ago - space travel is a colossal waste of time and money. We have way too many things to be sorting out here.

Refreshers: What's your hangover cure?

The only true hangover cure is to sleep through it. My richter scale hangovers usually involve sitting and oscillating gently vwhilst feeling like the world is going to end. My lesser hangovers involve lots of junk food and bad TV.

Jelly Babies: President Reagan said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat their jelly babies. Let's do some pop psychology: how do you eat jelly babies?

Bite the head off first. Does that mean I seize the day?

Yorkie: It's not for girls, apparently... till they released the one in the pink wrapper. Can you remember any other sexist adverts?

But that advert was actually a joke .... I don't like the Halfords adverts with the girl getting her car fixed by a man. And all those tedious "all you need is Brad Pitt / lunch with the girls / Holly and Fearne / a big cup of hot chocolate / endless bad cliches" adverts.

Bounty: If you sold all your possessions, how much would it fetch?

Absolutely nothing. It's pitiful!

Minstrels: What was the last gig that you went to?

Blondie, at Edinburgh Castle! How awesome is that? I used to love them when I was 3!

After Eight: What are you doing tonight?

Drinking wine!

and finally...

Turkish Delight: It's ever so nearly Christmas! Are you going to have a good time?

Um .... not really. I feel a bit grumpy and sad and trapped.
OwlSilverFeather

Post by OwlSilverFeather »

Yes. We certainly have the technology, it only takes three months I believe, and people have spent that much time in orbit, yes? Or if not, we can find a way for that part. But ye gods the money it'll cost...

I don't drink! Simplest one ever! :) However, I do work at Lush, which has plenty of anti-hangover products, so I could definitely recommend a few to those in need.

Jelly Babies: President Reagan said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat their jelly babies. Let's do some pop psychology: how do you eat jelly babies?
These are jelly beans, yes? Not, like, sour patch kids? One at a time, chewing a little on one side and a little on the other. If they're especially juicy, I bit them in half, eat one half, and then suck on the other for awhile before eating that one too.

Yorkie: It's not for girls, apparently... till they released the one in the pink wrapper. Can you remember any other sexist adverts?
I HATE HATE HATE Axe commercials with a fiery passion.

Enough for my next apartment's opening rent, at least, but then what would I have to put in the apartment?

Gig at all: The NY Jedi Poker Night show, December 5th. The last concert: A.F.I., November 13th.

Just got home from work, so eating dinner, watching TV or possibly movies on my computer, hoping to talk to Jesse on Skype or Facebook but I doubt he'll be on because his evil hag of a girlfriend will be home, walking my mom's lovely dog that I'm sitting for while she's on my vacation, SLEEPING. I'm a Wiccan Jew. Christmas means a day off, movies, and Chinese food. :)

Turkish Delight: It's ever so nearly Christmas! Are you going to have a good time?
Really doesn't mean too much to me (not a Grinch, just it doesn't factor in for me), but I got some great gifts and enjoyed giving them too!
peaks

Post by peaks »

Yes.

I drink to be sociable. To remain sociable I tend to stay within the comfort zone of not getting drunk. Boring, I know.

The head first, or the whole jelly baby. I chew.

McCoys "man crisps". Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Enough to buy a whole coconut! Nah, I have several musical instruments and a decent rpg collection. That'd fetch several coconuts. Let's do this!

No comment. My ears are still ringing. Bloody tinnitus (idea for a band name...).

Blowing my nose. Watching Hamlet. Isn't it boxing day? Where's my family?

and finally...

Christmas day was funny. My 2 year old nephew kept high fiving everybody. I suggested we all high five ourselves and there was self-congratulatory applause!
"You know what, this is important. You remember this: I used to be cool" ~Keith Mars
Podgy

Post by Podgy »

I think I read that the Russians are sending a monkey. Assuming it goes well, humans can't be far behind.

Water, greasy breakfast, giant sweet coffee, comfy clothing, crappy tv.

Head first. Nomnomnom.

A lot of PETA's stuff makes my head explode.

Not much. Now, if I sold my husband's possessions, we'd get a little more than nothing.

Great Big Sea and Spirit of the West last April.

Fourth and final family Christmas.

and finally...

So far so good.
mouse

Post by mouse »

No

To not get one!
But if that fails, then it's plenty of water, orange juice, and Tylenol. And probably some toast. And napping.

LOL I had to Google jelly babies. :lol: I've never had them. I would probably pop a whole one in my mouth and chomp it in half length-wise with my molars.

I agree that the Axe commercials are stupid.

Um...maybe $5000, including the car? I mostly just have DVDs. And my sofa is in pretty good condition.

It wasn't music, but I saw Jeff Dunham perform in August.
I need to get out more.

Watching TV and surfing the 'net.
I need to get out more.

and finally...

My Christmas was nice. Christmas Eve at my sis' house with my Boy, my parents, my niece and nephews; Christmas morning at home with my Boy and coffee and fresh bread; then Christmas dinner back as sis' house.
"The massage area. Why? To increase the nudity." ~Joss Whedon

"It's a miraculous thing, the hoohoo. I once saw a woman fit one of those minicars full of clowns in her hoohoo." ~Ghost

"Two by two, boobs of blue." ~MenleyNin
costello_girl

Post by costello_girl »

Probably not.

I try to drink lots of water before going to bed and take 2 painkillers. Sometimes it works.

Like mouse, I have never heard of Jelly Babies. Thank heavens for Google.

Anyway, I hate to be a stickler, but Ronald Reagan said that about jelly beans, not jelly babies. He was a huge fan of Jelly Belly beans, which are smaller than the usual jelly beans and come in an enormous variety of flavours.

I generally eat Jelly Belly beans or jelly beans, one at a time. I save my favourite flavor for last of all.

I just saw this perfectly appalling one for an indigestion medicine. The woman didn't manage to "land" her perfect mate because she had a stomach ache. Luckily she found <insert medicine her> and therefore landed husband number 2 shortly thereafter. WTF?

Not nearly enough, but more than it probably should.

Gig? Like a musical performance? I usually think of a gig as something musicians do, but not something the audience goes to. Gee, I am nitpicking again, aren't I? Must be a lack of chocolate.

Anyway, I haven't been to a purely musical performance in ages. I think the last was possibly some sort of Classic Album recreation of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.

Staying in with my sweety. He has a cold.

and finally...

I did!! :-)
Gravious

Post by Gravious »

Ever is a long time. So yeah, the only way it won't happen is if humanity is completely eradicated before it is attempted.

I very rarely drink that much due to lack of occasions, but I haven't experienced any serious hangovers? Drinking water before falling into your bed should help prevent it, I think.

I don't. Can't get jelly babies here, to my knowledge.

"Make it pink" is apparently the only thing a marketing department can think of when it comes to targeting women. So right now I can't remember a specific example, there's too many.

Rough estimate of 4000€, maybe more, not including the car. No idea how much I'd get for the car, but probably more than 2000€?

Depeche Mode, if I don't miss anything. Generally for 2009 Neko Case and Corvus Corax (a performance of Cantus Buranus II). And of course that festival thingy with lots of people mostly dressed in black and plenty of gigs, of course (that Peter Murphy dude was probably my highlight this year).

What I do every night: Waste time on the Internet! Or play computer games! (Team Fortress 2, why are you so addictive dammit?)

and finally...

I had a fine lazy time. Except for the sniffles, which were annoying and persistent, but yeah.
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

We already have - you just don't want to know what we have found.

Don't drink anything that gives me hangovers.

jelly babies? Is that like Turkish Delight? I had that once. (Yes, I know, jelly beans) - well I like to take several Jelly Belly flavors and see what new flavors I can make.

I have no idea what is "Yorkie" referring to? I remember the ad for Lionel Trains - now in pastel plastic for girls. I can't find the ad, but here is an article about it: http://modeltrains.about.com/od/collect ... ls_set.htm

Hum - I think I'll have to check my home owner's policy.

define gig - honest to goodness concert, listening to a troubadour, listening to friends jam - hum....

I was on a conference call about the Mars expedition.

and finally...

Wow, teach me not read all the way down before posting. And it's already New Years - how was your boxing day?

This isn't an ad, but I though it very funny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GThtMAZGYU

Edited: added the superfluous link to "Look Around You"
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

It is painfully clear from this thread that not enough people have watched Tom Baker-era Doctor Who.