Weak end *template added*

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Lucretia

Weak end *template added*

Post by Lucretia »

Hi y'all.

I spent all weekend in the company of my family eating fairy cakes and drinking wine. This was good.

{{b}}What did you do this weekend?{{/b}}

{{b}}What would you *really* have liked to do instead? You can be as wacky as you like, we don't mind.{{/b}}

{{b}}Could you please tell me why the hot bloke in my class has not asked me out yet?{{/b}}

{{b}}The small children in my class were asked what was their favourite food, and one said cake, then the next one named another sort of cake, and they just kept going naming more and more bizarre forms of cake they had made up. Raspberries and daisies was one of them. Kids are awesome, are they not?{{/b}}

{{b}}What sort of cake would you like to have?{{/b}}

{{b}}What are you going to do next weekend? Come and see me and bring wine? And cake?{{/b}}
Last edited by Lucretia on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgan

Re: Weak end

Post by mgan »

Hmm, weekend... weekend.. oh yes! I remember that!

Jim is home from Friday to Monday afternoon, so we try to fit in as much family time as we can. Jim and Malcolm went for a couple hikes using the baby backpack 3000 while I got some work done, and then we did lots of playing in the backyard, some cooking, and some colouring.

Right now we're working on not eating the crayons. Er, Malcolm, not Jim.

Sunday was super nice as we did a 2hr hike up in the local provincial park. There is a beautiful mountain overlooking the lake below, and we hiked around the mountain and finished it off with a leg called The Wall.

As a tip, any trail named The Wall is going to beat your sorry ass. GAH! Mr. M loves his backpack :)

You can see the photographic proof here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2563/392 ... ebaa06.jpg
starshine

Post by starshine »

I would love to come see you and I would bring wine AND cake AND PIE!!!

Alas, it won't be any weekend soon. I am, however, going on holiday starting this weekend. The hubby and I are going to Washington, DC for a week.
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Lucretia wrote:Hi y'all.

I spent all weekend in the company of my family eating fairy cakes and drinking wine. This was good.
I've heard the term before, but can't think of what "fairy cakes" are. Great, now I'm going to have to obsess over this.
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

mgan wrote: Mr. M loves his backpack :)

You can see the photographic proof here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2563/392 ... ebaa06.jpg

Aw man, I'm so sad no-one carries me round in a backpack anymore. That looks so snuggly. :D
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

starshine wrote:I would love to come see you and I would bring wine AND cake AND PIE!!!

Alas, it won't be any weekend soon. I am, however, going on holiday starting this weekend. The hubby and I are going to Washington, DC for a week.
Well in that case I'll forgive you, but next time I'm gonna need that wine, and someone to drink it with!
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Techboy wrote:

I've heard the term before, but can't think of what "fairy cakes" are. Great, now I'm going to have to obsess over this.
Um .... cupcakes? I think.

Brits have started referring to them as cupcakes to make them sound more fashionable. People have cupcake parties and stuff.

More transatlantic fun.
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Lucretia wrote:
Techboy wrote:

Um .... cupcakes? I think.
Thank you - now my troubled mind can focus on work.
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
mgan

Re: Weak end *template added*

Post by mgan »

Oh dear, fairy cakes sound so much better! Don't change!
Ghost

Re: Weak end *template added*

Post by Ghost »

mgan wrote:Oh dear, fairy cakes sound so much better! Don't change!
But we need that to power our Total Perspective Vortex.
X