Is this thing on? (Sorry if I deleted any non-spammers)

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
jamiemarie
Site Admin

Is this thing on? (Sorry if I deleted any non-spammers)

Post by jamiemarie »

I know this place is, like, dead, but nonetheless I was horrified by how much spam there was and how many spam users had registered. So I changed some settings to hopefully slow the spam posts (this includes requiring registration to post and requiring approval of new users' first post, sorry!). And then I tried to prune the 13,000+ users most of whom were spambots... but unfortunately it pretty much ended up pruning anyone who had never posted, which probably included some real people. Sorry again.

But I probably don't really need to say sorry, since no one is reading this!

(Shockingly, this summer I actually worked on the real WD a little bit... pretty much just for kicks, as I imagine it's beyond resuscitation now... but then I had to put it aside again to focus on more pressing matters. Blegh.)
Sam_Spade

Re: Is this thing on? (Sorry if I deleted any non-spammers)

Post by Sam_Spade »

Thanks for getting rid of those nasty spammers.

Some of us folk still visit. :mrgreen:
When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.

Sam Spade to Joel Cairo ~ The Maltese Falcon.
bettie

Post by bettie »

I miss you guys.

It took me a week to get myself logged in. I guess it's been a while.
Cazzle

Post by Cazzle »

I miss you too, Annika! (But I totally stalk your blog all the time, and never have anything interesting to say.)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Sure, you say that now...
X
duskfire

Post by duskfire »

Hi Jaime,

Nice to know the old one is still someplace... I wish I could get a particular string of my posts from it, actually, that I printed ages ago but have since lost. If there is a possibility of getting that, even a printed out version, I'd be happy to compensate you for the ink/paper/time.

I'd love to see the old board back up again - alas, what for? Well... perhaps now that Joss is due some genuine respect from the masses instead of the nicheees...

Anyway, I hope you are well.

Warmest wishes,

Stacey (Duskfire)