Merlin

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Sarah

Merlin

Post by Sarah »

So, what did you think? I've only watched episode 1 (and I'm sad to say the end of episode 2 is going to be cut off because of stupid golf), but it seemed pleasant. Felt like a kids' show, but I like kids' shows. I do think it's straining a little too much to change up the Arthurian legend, but that will fade with time, probably.
Sarah

Re: Merlin

Post by Sarah »

I liked ep. 2 less (was able to see the whole thing because it's available on demand). Some cheap devices were used to further the plot.
MenleyNin

Post by MenleyNin »

I like it well enough. Granted, it wasn't spectacular television by any means. But it was nice to have something to watch on Sunday night, and it was even nicer that Tony Head was on my TV in a new capacity. I didn't dislike any of the actors, and I expected the FX to be far cheesier than they actually were. (I've been grading on a BIG curve lately because I've been DVRing crappy late-night movies on SciFi.)
Drop Edge of Yonder
When I bit into it, I could hear the ocean.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yeah, it's not bad for what it is. I'm just crabby these days. In a different mood, those cheap devices would merely have made me chuckle.
olthar

Post by olthar »

So, I finally started to watch this. The first ep was pretty good. I didn't recognize ASH until he started talking, even though I knew it was him. One question though... why was he credited as Anthony Head instead of Anthony Stewart Head?
Podgy

Post by Podgy »

We downloaded and watched the whole season over the past couple of weeks. Once I let go of any expectations of the show resembling the myth cycle in any way, I was able to enjoy it well enough. It's certainly pretty what with all the castle shots, and the wandering about in the woods.