A Modern Day Helen of Troy...

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
BigEvil

A Modern Day Helen of Troy...

Post by BigEvil »

So I came across an article saying that Vanity Fair anointed Angelina Jolie the "Modern Day Helen of Troy". Now I think she's pretty, but Helen was considered the most beautiful woman in the world, and I just can't get there with Angelina. So I pose the question to you all...

Who is your Modern Day Helen of Troy?
Ghost

Re: A Modern Day Helen of Troy...

Post by Ghost »

I have to agree with you. She is extremely overrated. Yes, she is attractive, but she is hardly as beautiful as they make her out to be.

I don't think I could answer your question, though. There are too many things that go into what I consider beautiful that I couldn't say who is the most.
X
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

Please try not to be shocked and confused by my completely unpredictable choice.

ETA -- better? By which I mean viewable?
Last edited by JupiterAmy on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
bettie

Post by bettie »

I know exactly who and what you're linking to (I have been awake at least once in the nine years I've known you) but the website must have disabled linking to .jpgs because every link returns an error. :(
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

bettie wrote:I know exactly who and what you're linking to (I have been awake at least once in the nine years I've known you) but the website must have disabled linking to .jpgs because every link returns an error. :(
What jerkfaces! It was working yesterday. :(
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

[/quote]Who is your Modern Day Helen of Troy?[/b][/quote]

I'd actually agree. The woman is stunningly beautiful.

I find many other qualities in women extremely appealing (a nice scent, flirtiness, talent etc) but she is a total knockout (for want of a better word.)
peaksandtroughs

Post by peaksandtroughs »

Yes, SHOCKED. The Coat is beautiful but Ms. Dunst looks comatose. I'm with Liv Tyler till the end :D

a vote count:

Liv 1
Kirsten 1
Angelina 1

(I think kirsten is gorgeous, though. Clicked on every picture....)
BigEvil

Post by BigEvil »

I thought at least one person would nominate Morena Baccarin...
MenleyNin

Post by MenleyNin »

Who is your Modern Day Helen of Troy?

I've thought Jaclyn Smith was the most beautiful woman in the world since the day I watched my first episode of Charlie's Angels. Just recently, I've seen photos of Jessica Alba without make up. And you know what? She's still impossibly hot.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I think Sophia Loren's purty.