Dollhouse

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
talula

Dollhouse

Post by talula »

What you'd guys think?

Personally, I was dissapointed. I thought it would be better. Felt more like I was watching some CSI/ Law and Order crossover with a meaningless sci-fi element than a show made by Joss. I don't know. It was kind of like running into an ex-boyfriend that you still thought you had feelings for and realizing he's a loser.
Podgy

Re: Dollhouse

Post by Podgy »

I was also disappointed. It didn't have the same feel as his other shows. That said, I wasn't a fan of Firefly the first couple of times I watched it, either.

Ultimately, I'll keep watching it as long as it stays on the air, but I hope that it gets better.
the P@

Post by the P@ »

I was bored by the 15 minute mark, and struggling to stay awake through the whole thing. There's not enough humor or "Jossian" wit, or even really a compelling mystery to keep my interest. I'll watch this week - and maybe the week after - but if it doesn't improve, that'll be all she wrote.
jadde

Post by jadde »

I wasn't impressed by the first ep, either. It seemed like a million other sci-fi shows that are out there.
But the second one, wow! I had forgotten how Joss can write. There are powerful hints that everything is not as it seems. I'm sure to be hooked now.

--------------

- Denis
MenleyNin

Post by MenleyNin »

Amen, jadde. This week's ep was a VAST improvement over the pilot.
Drop Edge of Yonder
When I bit into it, I could hear the ocean.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I concur.
olthar

Post by olthar »

I too liked this episode more, it really should have been the first one
Podgy

Post by Podgy »

Now *that* felt more like what I was expecting. I also rewatched the first ep before watching the second one, and it grew on me with the second watching.
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

While I thought this episode was a lot better than the pilot, I am still not feeling it. I am hoping Joss is going to start with an over-arching theme of Echo regaining her memories and working to bring down the Dollhouse from within (with added Helo goodness, of course) very soon, because watching several more episodes of what, to me, seems to be essentially Warren and his Sex-bots made into a TV show is something I am not particularly comfortable with...
The hammer is my penis
bettie

Post by bettie »

ariande wrote: (with added Helo goodness, of course)
Wait, what? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS. Now I will have to watch. (I suppose I should also catch up on BSG. Ack. Two seasons behind, and I'm guessing he's gone if he's on another show.)