Fat models

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
JupiterAmy

Re: Fat models

Post by JupiterAmy »

Lucretia wrote:However - do you mean that it is cheaper to make clothes for skinny people because less cloth is used, and that is why skinny models are employed? I'm not sure if I'm misreading you.
Sort of, but not exactly. More that having skinny models would mean that you wouldn't have to worry about body shapes - who's big up top or big on the bottom (and who's short and who's tall). Generally, compensating for different figure types. At a certain weight, most bodies are the same. So, they wouldn't necessarily be saving cloth/money because the models are smaller, but because they're pretty much guaranteed to all fit and look good in the same cut of clothes.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "