Sweet BOQ, dude.

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Techboy

Re: Sweet BOQ, dude.

Post by Techboy »

Sarah wrote:It is painfully clear from this thread that not enough people have watched Tom Baker-era Doctor Who.
I was aware of Tom Baker's Doctor and his "Want a jelly baby?" way of introduction. I just like exploiting the difference in the English standards (for comedy purposes) - the US and GB are countries separated by a common language.

Edited: Cleaned up the spelling errors
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
BigEvil

Post by BigEvil »

Mars: Will we Earthlings ever send people to Mars?
Yes, as well the should. Space exploration is not such a waste when you consider that many common and useful technologies have come from it. And the tech that will be needed for Mars with DEFINITELY help the world.

Advanced hydroponics, for instance would allow for higher food crop yields from smaller spaces (thing of farm skyscrapers or orbital crop fields). It will also help advance alternative energy research as things like better solar panels would need to be developed. And wouldn't it be nice to move resource mining off planet where we could eventually mine asteroids instead of Earth?

Refreshers: What's your hangover cure?
Menudo.

Jelly Babies: President Reagan said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat their jelly babies. Let's do some pop psychology: how do you eat jelly babies?
Yeah never heard of those. Jelly Bellies though, I pick out my favorites and eat them one at a time.

Yorkie: It's not for girls, apparently... till they released the one in the pink wrapper. Can you remember any other sexist adverts?
Yeah, that Axe commercial with the chocolate guy really disturbs me...

Bounty: If you sold all your possessions, how much would it fetch?
Well... I do have a lot of electronics and musical instruments.

Minstrels: What was the last gig that you went to?
Abney Park at "The Edison". I Steampunked in the New Year.

After Eight: What are you doing tonight?
Going to see Daybreakers.

and finally...

Turkish Delight: It's ever so nearly Christmas! Are you going to have a good time?
It was 50/50.
starshine

Post by starshine »

Sarah wrote:It is painfully clear from this thread that not enough people have watched Tom Baker-era Doctor Who.

Just for the record: The only Doctor Who that I have ever watched is during the Tom Baker-era.

Wow! That was a lot of markup.