Twilight?

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Sam_Spade

Re: Twilight?

Post by Sam_Spade »

JupiterAmy wrote:
BigEvil wrote:*Eagerly awaits the Vampire Renaissance and the wardrobe possibilities it will usher in*
Rich, I feel honor-bound to inform you that in Twilight, vampires can't go in the sun because when they do, they sparkle like diamonds.

No, seriously. Literally. Sparkle. Like a Lisa Frank poster mated with a disco ball.

I understand if this sets your expectations back a bit.

I feel that Rich would quite like to sparkle :mrgreen:
When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.

Sam Spade to Joel Cairo ~ The Maltese Falcon.
Delle

Post by Delle »

Cazzle wrote:
JupiterAmy wrote:...
HAHAHA.

When I read the title my first thought was "Hmm, I wonder if Amy's seen this yet?"
I had exactly the same thought.

My second thought was that I really must read these. But not buy them. Do libraries in this country carry them too?
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Delle wrote:My second thought was that I really must read these. But not buy them. Do libraries in this country carry them too?
Yes, they do. I just did a search at my local library, and they seem to carry the whole series. I've been toying with the idea of reading them too, but then I'm worried that I might actually like them! :P I saw the trailer for the movie, and it looks ok, if a little cheesy.

Also, am I the only person who didn't fancy the guy who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter?
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

Gandalf wrote:Also, am I the only person who didn't fancy the guy who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter?
Well. Technically, no. BUT YES.

Pretty.
Pretty.
Pretty.
Cazzle

Post by Cazzle »

Delle wrote: My second thought was that I really must read these. But not buy them. Do libraries in this country carry them too?
Yes. Unfortunately.

On the plus side, Stock and Systems for my county have decided that Breaking Dawn is adult fiction, so I haven't had to use any of my budget for it. BUAHAHA.
bettie

Post by bettie »

Gandalf wrote:
Delle wrote:Also, am I the only person who didn't fancy the guy who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter?
No. I think he is a wee tiny baby with a sharp pointy face. Cute, but not at all my type. Or my age bracket.
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Ghost wrote:I had never heard about them until I saw a preview for the movie. After that, I can't get away from it. Barnes and Noble has the books prominently displayed, they have candy bars with the name and logo on them, Costco sells the books, but keeps running out of the latest one, so all the grown women are complaining about it. People keep making posts about them on the temporary WD. Goblins break into my apartment at night, wake me up, and force me to listen to snippets from the book, only they read them backwards. Stupid goblins.

I didn't know that you had David Lynch: Problem Solver living next to you. :-)
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
zandersmom

Post by zandersmom »

Alright. *siiiiigh*

I broke down & read Twilight... IN LESS THAN A DAY!!! :shock: I absolutely COULD NOT & DID NOT want to put it down. For some of you that may or may not know, I DO NOT READ, so that is a HUGE feat for me. HUGE.

I am all about the angsty 'can NOT-get-enough-of-you-&-never-want-us-to-be-apart-or-I'll-just-DIIIIE' obsessive type of love thing, it makes me all gooey & makes my heart pound in my ears, so this was right up my alley.

I'm starting New Moon today. ;) I can't wait!
Ghost love means you have to get a sammich first

Post by Ghost love means you have to get a sammich first »

I am all about the angsty 'can NOT-get-enough-of-you-&-never-want-us-to-be-apart-or-I'll-just-DIIIIE' obsessive type of love thing, it makes me all gooey & makes my heart pound in my ears, so this was right up my alley.
Is this why the feminist types hate this series?

While I think this can be an effective plot device, I do think there is an issue with directing this kind of a message towards impressionable young women.

Unless they are the ones I posted about in the other post... :twisted:

Yeah, not even then.
zandersmom

Post by zandersmom »

Ghost love means you have to get a sammich first wrote:
Is this why the feminist types hate this series?

While I think this can be an effective plot device, I do think there is an issue with directing this kind of a message towards impressionable young women.
I wouldn't know, because I'm not a "feminist type", all I DO know, is that it's a MUTUAL, insanely deep & passionate love that makes them never EVER want to ever be apart from each other. These are not new feelings that she's invented, this kind of shit happens ALL THE TIME; I've been there, at least once, myself. So I guess I personally don't see what all the fuss is about.

And I thought the reason we're all even HERE, was because of a little show about a young girl whose destiny it was to kill all the vampires, but fell deeply in love with 1 & used another one as a crazy awesome sex toy so she could feel alive again.

EDITED TO ADD: I have ONE MORE BOOK TO GO!!! I want to know the ending but I don't want it to end! I will definitely be reading this series (or saga, whatevs they wanna call it) again. Pleeeeease call me today library!

EDITED AGAIN...FINISHED. *SIIIIIIIGH.* It was just about perfect, IMO. I LOVED it, ALL of it... & cannot wait to read it all again.