I have to stay away from snopes

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Ghost

I have to stay away from snopes

Post by Ghost »

I go to check one thing and 3 hours later I am still there.

Any other website that do that for you?
X
Bally

Re: I have to stay away from snopes

Post by Bally »

TV Tropes. It's a harsh mistress.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Bally wrote:TV Tropes. It's a harsh mistress.
I logged in just to say something about Tv Tropes when I read the thread title- but you beat me to it.

Seriously, I gotta find some way to block that site cause if I go there, even accidentally, half my evening is blown.
olthar

Post by olthar »

yeah, tvtropes is even worse than wikipedia...
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

On another board I frequent, someone recently posted that whenever she sees the character of Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers on Law and Order, she is reminded of me (or at least the me that posts on that board). Since I don't watch any of the various versions of Law and Order (on which Leslie Hendrix holds the honor of being one of only two actors who has reprised the same role in every one of the series, I had to record an episode just to see whether I should be offended or not by the comparison (I wasn't), and this led me to muse on the stereotype of the medical examiner on cop shows. In conversation with my sister, having just been reminded of the existence of the site by the discussion here, I bet that tvtropes would confirm my thoughts on the cliché. I won. Unfortunately, no money was at stake.

Note: Apologies for this post. I am loony today.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Ghost wrote:I go to check one thing and 3 hours later I am still there.

Any other website that do that for you?
Snopes also.

Cracked.com

findadeath.com
Gravious

Post by Gravious »

olthar wrote:yeah, tvtropes is even worse than wikipedia...
The huge list of examples! The intriguingly named tropes linked everywhere that need checking out! With more examples! Whole days…

*sob*