Holy *&^@

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Ghost

Holy *&^@

Post by Ghost »

I want to go see a movie tomorrow, as it's my day off, but every single movie out looks like it is complete crap. Can Hollywood please make at least one movie per year that is at least mildly watchable?

Sorry, I forgot, it's people pirating music that is causing me to not want to see that crap in the theaters.
X
peaks.

Re: Holy *&^@

Post by peaks. »

Then look beyond Hollywood :o . Support the British film industry! I prefer Hollywood. The last film I watched was Metal Gear Solid Philanthropy. A fan movie, free and legal. Hollywood can see the future; shorter movies made on a budget less than $15,000 written and directed by fanboys and girls. Patience.

Other news related to Hollywood and me... (not a film yet)

My sister's verdict on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was... "dirty" :lol:. She was on a road trip across the states, like, last week. She cleansed and baked herself in Palm Springs to recover from the Hollywood Walk of Shame. Oh, and she brought back a cheap (Giles would say tacky and scowl) BtVS coffee mat from, where else, Las Vegas!
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Go see The Men Who Stare at Goats. Not as edgy as it should be but fun enough for all that. Plus, Jon Ronson is cool.
BigEvil

Post by BigEvil »

Men Who Stare at Goats was hilarious.
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

I'm glad to see positive response for The Men Who Stare At Goats. That movie is so up my alley. I haven't seen it yet, but endeavor to do so, perhaps, maybe, someday.

I would also like to see Pirate Radio (The Boat That Rocked).

Other than that I don't know what's out.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

JupiterAmy wrote:
I would also like to see Pirate Radio (The Boat That Rocked).
I went to see that! I so wanted to love it, and I did a little bit, but it was not funny.

I did eat a lot of ice cream during it though, and enjoyed the soundtrack, and the acting, very much.
BigEvil

Post by BigEvil »

*Sparkle Eyes*
talula

Post by talula »

BigEvil wrote:Men Who Stare at Goats was hilarious.
I agree! I had people tell me not to go see it. I thought it was funny, original and just wacky enough for me. It is a different kind of movie. I think if it didn't have the stars it did, the actual story is one I would expect to not even see in a theater. But I'm glad I did!