On a scale of 1 to 10...

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
talula

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Post by talula »

How come babies never sleep when you want them to?
Ghost

Re: On a scale of 1 to 10...

Post by Ghost »

It's a conspiracy. They are doing it just to drive adults nuts.

It's kind of like when cats stare at nothing, knowing that it will drive us crazy trying to figure out what they are staring at. Of course, that makes it easier to sneak up on them with two slices of bread.
X
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

talula wrote:How come babies never sleep when you want them to?
Just out of interest, when does he sleep? I've heard good baby sleeping stories, and I've heard some nightmare stories.
mgan

Post by mgan »

So would this be the right time to mention that Malcolm didn't sleep through the night until after a year?
talula

Post by talula »

Lucretia wrote:
Just out of interest, when does he sleep? I've heard good baby sleeping stories, and I've heard some nightmare stories.
He usually sleeps at night from midnight to anywhere between 2:30-4, when he wakes up hungry, then he usually goes back to bed easily after a diaper change and a bottle and sleeps until anywhere between 5:30-7 (depending on when he woke up the first time), repeat diaper change and bottle, back to sleep easily until around 9:30, from which he's usually awake for an hour or so after. Then he usually takes a big long nap somewhere mid-morning that I usually try to wake him up from after three hours, then he stays up for an hour or two, then takes a big long nap again until around 4pm.

At which point he usually stays awake the whole time until midnight, getting very cranky around 6pm onward. I have a theory that he needs another nap at 6-8 because he gets himself overtired being awake for over six hours straight and then can't go to sleep. However, he doesn't listen to me when I tell him that. The last few nights I've taken him out for a car ride or a walk around the mall, for which he always falls asleep so he gets a nap during that time. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, because he still has stayed up until midnight. It makes a difference to me not being as agitated when say, 10pm rolls around and I've had a cranky baby for over four hours on my hands, so it's good for my sanity at least!

I don't know if that's a good sleeping story or not! I know he's going to wake up every three to four at night because he needs to eat, I just want the night to start at 9 and not midnight, and to not be such a crankbot all evening, then I will be happy!
talula

Post by talula »

mgan wrote:So would this be the right time to mention that Malcolm didn't sleep through the night until after a year?
This is why rich people are happier, because they have nannies that do this sort of thing for them.

I've come to realize that this whole 'baby sleeping' issue is one of those things that other mothers really never fully explain to non-mothers, so as to not stop the human race from continuing to procreate, much like labor. It's all sugar coated when all you see are baby smiles! No one ever looks into the mother's eyes and sees the slowly forming madness.
talula

Post by talula »

Ghost wrote:It's a conspiracy. They are doing it just to drive adults nuts.

It's kind of like when cats stare at nothing, knowing that it will drive us crazy trying to figure out what they are staring at. Of course, that makes it easier to sneak up on them with two slices of bread.
The baby stares at nothing too! Maybe my baby is really a cat! In which case, I'm going to make him start using the litter box.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

talula wrote:
Ghost wrote:It's a conspiracy. They are doing it just to drive adults nuts.

The baby stares at nothing too! Maybe my baby is really a cat! In which case, I'm going to make him start using the litter box.
No, he's just staring at ghosts. Your place is haunted.
X
starshine

Post by starshine »

Lucky mgan, at least Mal sleeps through the night now. He's only a day older than Karlie and she STILL wakes up in the middle of the night. Which at least isn't a problem for me since I'm the grandmother but poor Megan has school and/or work most days.
BigEvil

Post by BigEvil »