Mad Men

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Rob

Mad Men

Post by Rob »

So I've apparently jumped onto the Mad Men bandwagon. Just finished watching the first two seasons on DVD, and am planning to get caught up on season 3 (currently in progress) by the magic of the Internets.

The whole time I've been watching it, I've been trying to figure out where I've seen this Pete Campbell guy before. He is a junior ad man at the agency, and kinda weaselly, though not without his good points. I knew I'd seen him (the actor) before, but couldn't recall where. I vaguely thought that maybe he was part of Kids In The Hall or something.

Nope! Turns out I saw him in Angel. He was Connor, the son of Angel and Darla. (The actor's name is Vincent Kartheiser.)

I guess it's a testament to his acting ability, that I was completely dumbfounded by this.

Anyone else watching the show?
Ghost

Re: Mad Men

Post by Ghost »

No, but you do know about the internet movie database, right? You can look up any professional actor, movie, TV show, production type, etc. and see everything they have worked on and upcoming productions, read biographies, trivia, and look at pictures.

It's at http://www.imdb.com
X
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yep, when the curiosity finally got too much for me this morning, that's where I went and discovered the connection.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I get bored easily, so I spend a lot of time just wandering the site, looking up new people, seeing what new movies are coming out. I especially like the trivia parts.
X
starshine

Post by starshine »

Ohhh, I love Mad Men. I've been watching since the beginning and it took me a few episodes to realize who was playing Pete Campbell. Also, Joan is played by Christina Hendricks who also played Saffron/Bridgett/Yolanda on Firefly. And Betty's shrink in those few episodes of Season 1 was played by Andy Umberger: Dr. Ronald Meltzer-Angel/D'Hoffryn-BtVS/Dortmunder Captain-Firefly.

Also, I've missed you Rob, glad to see you posting again.
MenleyNin

Post by MenleyNin »

Mad Men is an excellent series. Sometimes I get a little bogged down by the drama and poor choices the characters (not the actors) make, but I guess that's because I'm not used to anything quite so... realistic?

Ghost, I spend entirely too much time wandering around IMDb, too. That's how I learned that Andy Garcia had a conjoined twin and that the guy who played Larry (as in Larry, Daryl, and my other brother Daryl) on Newhart was a lawyer before he was an actor.
Drop Edge of Yonder
When I bit into it, I could hear the ocean.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

You should have asked here for the name of the actor who plays Pete, Rob. I recognized him right away. Isn't that just madly impressive?

I've been watching Mad Men from the start. Hell, I just finished a rather unpleasant argument with someone on another message board on the subject of whether or not Pete raped that au pair (I voted yes). It's a good show, but I'll be glad when this season ends because then Breaking Bad will start up again.