I'm not selling anything either, but...

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Dellraven

I'm not selling anything either, but...

Post by Dellraven »

... if you like bento/Japanese cuisine, check out my new foodie/bento blog: ittybittyfish.com

This is the kind of stuff you start doing when you're at home with your little bits all day long!
Lucretia

Re: I'm not selling anything either, but...

Post by Lucretia »

Dellraven wrote:... if you like bento/Japanese cuisine, check out my new foodie/bento blog: ittybittyfish.com

This is the kind of stuff you start doing when you're at home with your little bits all day long!
Oh nom!

I really should get round to buying one of these. I tend to have the same kind of packed lunch for weeks on end then wonder why I'm sick of it (currently wholemeal malted bread, slices of cured ham and raw spinach - I'll soon be sick of that).

I did also plan on making homemade soup and taking it in. Cos y'know, it's healthy even if it has cream in it, right? As long as it's homemade. :oops:
Dellraven

Post by Dellraven »

Everything homemade is healthy. Of course.

And, I'm about to write an entry about some of my tools. They are VERY reasonable to purchase. In fact, there's a UK-based store that is awesome: http://www.japancentre.com/.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I will definitely be checking this out. I love the idea of bento boxes and got interested in Japanese cuisine earlier this year (I even invested in a one-pound bag of bonito flakes so I could make dashi, as well as buying several different kinds of seaweed).
Dellraven

Post by Dellraven »

Sarah wrote:I will definitely be checking this out. I love the idea of bento boxes and got interested in Japanese cuisine earlier this year (I even invested in a one-pound bag of bonito flakes so I could make dashi, as well as buying several different kinds of seaweed).
Sarah, have you been to Japan? If not, what got you into Japanese cuisine? In any case... isn't it lovely?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Nope, never been to Japan. I just heard dashi mentioned one too many times on a cooking show and finally decided to find out what it was. This led to some serious tootling around the Internet and, eventually, the investment in bonito flakes etc. I wish I could learn how to make it properly from some nice Japanese person.