Ang's old archives. Also, Bridezillas.

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Lauren

Ang's old archives. Also, Bridezillas.

Post by Lauren »

Are they still up? Where?

And I'm watching Bridezillas right now. I've gotten completely addicted to it. I like it because it makes me feel better about myself, because I am pretty much the most laid-back bride-to-be ever. Also because it's hilarious.

What train-wreck tv shows do you like to watch, WDers? What can't you watch? (Toddlers and Tiaras freaks me out.)
JupiterAmy

Re: Ang's old archives. Also, Bridezillas.

Post by JupiterAmy »

Gurrrl, why don't you just ask me these things? You know I know.

Also, I don't know if it counts as trainwreck tv, but ever since Matt and Crutchy had their science babies, I've been pretty well addicted to the Discovery Heath Channel. I don't like the emergency room shows, only the congenital/organic malady variety. Sometimes I make the crossover to TLC, so I've totally seen Toddlers and Tiaras a couple times. That show is magical. OH! And I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. On one episode I saw one of my friends from college. She played a nurse. And there's that show about the guy that makes cakes, but it's not as good as that other show about the guy that makes cakes. I can say this with authority because on that other show they made the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix premiere cake. The cake was a full scale model of Hogwarts Castle. QED.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
bettie

Post by bettie »

JupiterAmy wrote:And there's that show about the guy that makes cakes, but it's not as good as that other show about the guy that makes cakes.
Ahh, yes. I discovered the not as good one last week at Cassie's. How can you make cakes without Mary Alice? At least he was kind of a goomba.

I may or may not have also watched I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant and possibly also Deliver Me. EVEN THOUGH I HATE THAT KIND OF SHOW. This is what happens to me when I gain access to cable.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lauren wrote:Are they still up? Where?

And I'm watching Bridezillas right now. I've gotten completely addicted to it. I like it because it makes me feel better about myself, because I am pretty much the most laid-back bride-to-be ever. Also because it's hilarious.

What train-wreck tv shows do you like to watch, WDers? What can't you watch? (Toddlers and Tiaras freaks me out.)
I spent many a guilty hour looking at these archives. And chuckling / cringing / being wistful.

I love "Four Weddings", "Come Dine With Me" (awful snobs compete with each other is the respective fields, bitch hugely about each other and makje dicks of themselves for my entertainment).

I also love those reality baby programmes, like "Bringing Home Baby" and "Baby ER" and "Maternity Ward." I have no idea why.
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

bettie wrote:At least he was kind of a goomba.
Oh that reminds me! There was also this other show on after the cake show, and it was about wedding receptions. It took me a while to realize that it was not the same show, because the cake show heavily featured wedding receptions. Anyway, my first thought about this show (besides, "Oh, crap, I know where this is filmed.") was "These people are so amazingly goomba."

There's this girl named Joelle on the show. Only, her name is not actually Joelle. Her name is Joe'L. I am not making this up.

So far I have managed not to watch "Deliver Me". But I know I'll crack some day.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
starshine

Post by starshine »

JupiterAmy wrote:Gurrrl, why don't you just ask me these things? You know I know.

Also, I don't know if it counts as trainwreck tv, but ever since Matt and Crutchy had their science babies, I've been pretty well addicted to the Discovery Heath Channel. I don't like the emergency room shows, only the congenital/organic malady variety. Sometimes I make the crossover to TLC, so I've totally seen Toddlers and Tiaras a couple times. That show is magical. OH! And I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. On one episode I saw one of my friends from college. She played a nurse. And there's that show about the guy that makes cakes, but it's not as good as that other show about the guy that makes cakes. I can say this with authority because on that other show they made the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix premiere cake. The cake was a full scale model of Hogwarts Castle. QED.
I've actually gotten hooked on "18 Kids and Counting". I can't imagine living that religious life myself but I have to give the family credit in how they interact with each other. It's really quite impressive.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

The only really trashy show I watch is Hell's Kitchen. It's awful, but I became addicted to food-related reality TV last year. (I also watch Top Chef, Chopped, and Last Restaurant Standing; hell, I even made it all the way through Marco Pierre White's dismal entry into the field, The Chopping Block.)
talula

Post by talula »

I totally watch I didn't know I was Pregnant. And I couldn't tell you why. Somehow it is fascinating.
talula

Post by talula »

Lucretia wrote:
I spent many a guilty hour looking at these archives. And chuckling / cringing / being wistful.
The third thread I just looked at was one suprisingly, I started, about selling imaginary boyfriend moderators and then you responded that you had only left me one month ago. [/wistful sigh]