Mom jeans? Who gives a *&^

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Ghost

Mom jeans? Who gives a *&^

Post by Ghost »

I just read a headline that Obama defended his choice to wear "mom jeans" recently. I remember the news running stories about it earlier too.

Why the fuck would anyone care about that? Yes, they were ugly pants, but who cares. He is the president and there are bigger things about him that we need to be concerned about. Is he doing a good job? Is he ruining the country? Is his fashion sense really that important? Or is this just another scheme to prevent the populace from having a say in the important issues of the day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check CNN.com to see if Michael Jackson is still dead.
X
MenleyNin

Re: Mom jeans? Who gives a *&^

Post by MenleyNin »

This is one of those "news stories" that makes me roll my eyes. Of course, I also find it silly that the press keeps talking about the First Lady's arms. They're nice arms, but they're not spectacular -- much as they're not stylish jeans, but they're not craptastic.
Drop Edge of Yonder
When I bit into it, I could hear the ocean.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Ghost wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check CNN.com to see if Michael Jackson is still dead.
Pfft. You'd better hope he stays dead. Imagine what will happen with the media if he comes back?
"The massage area. Why? To increase the nudity." ~Joss Whedon

"It's a miraculous thing, the hoohoo. I once saw a woman fit one of those minicars full of clowns in her hoohoo." ~Ghost

"Two by two, boobs of blue." ~MenleyNin
peaks.

Post by peaks. »

There are respectable journalists/political commentators online. Wading through all those crappy headlines about the presidents pooch, and what not, is certainly frustrating (cat lover) But we humans are built to filter out a lot of information. Turn your filter up to 11. You'll still see my crazy posts, of course :lol: (<evil)

I watched an old 2007 Michael Moore rant on CNN as he responded to a reporter misrepresenting his documentary sicko. At least CNN let an irate MM humiliate them live for 10 minutes. They are sickos if they believe keeping MJ alive is actually helping the country.
Podgy

Post by Podgy »

mouse wrote:You'd better hope he stays dead. Imagine what will happen with the media if he comes back?
Thriller remake?
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Podgy wrote:
mouse wrote:You'd better hope he stays dead. Imagine what will happen with the media if he comes back?
Thriller remake?
Too late!

http://www.thrillerlive.com/
peaks.

Post by peaks. »

so what are mom pants and mom jeans? Enough people seem to care enough to offer an opinion on them. I'm reluctantly... intrigued.

On The Messiah's preference for mom pants and mom jeans...

Ghost said: "Yes, they were ugly pants, but who cares"
MenleyNin said: "They're not stylish jeans, but they're not craptastic."
Mouse randomly said: "You'd better hope Michael Jackson stays dead. Imagine what will happen with the media if he comes back in mom pants?"
Podgy said: "Thriller remake with mom pants?"
Gandalf said: "Too late!" *links to thrillerlive.com*

To be continued after WDers get back from the West End.... :D

(Disclaimer. That’s not exactly what mouse and podgy said... *whistles*)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 12, 2011 10:35 am.