Fucking spam.

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
jamiemarie
Site Admin

Fucking spam.

Post by jamiemarie »

Jesus fuck, I REALLY need to get the real WD back. Aarrgh.

But for now...

1. I hadn't bothered making anyone a moderator before, since I thought it would be so temporary. Ha. Well, bettie is a moderator now -- does anyone else want to volunteer? I don't even know if all my regular mods are registered here or what, so if you're interested, let me know. The main thing I'd want you to do is just delete spam posts, really.

2. That said, hopefully the spam posts will slow or stop, as I implemented a mod here that is supposed to ask you a simple question the first time you submit a form (like a post or user registration). Since you're not a spambot, you should be able to answer it, and then it's supposed to set a cookie that will remember that you answered your question correctly and you're a human. (Since it's a cookie, it's once-per-computer, and could conceivably to subject to getting deleted somehow or other. Still, you shouldn't have to do it much, hopefully once.) Let me know if any issues arise.

3. If you can be bothered, it will be slightly helpful to report any spammy posts you see (by clicking the little exclamation point icon on the post) -- this shows the same icon on reported posts on the post list, making it easier for moderators to spot them. (Unfortunately there seems to be no way to mass delete them. Stupid.)

4. Hello! [wave]

~ Jamie
Ghost

Re: Fucking spam.

Post by Ghost »

I'll volunteer if you need me to.

Um, you don't mind if I get drunk with power, do you?
X
bettie

Post by bettie »

No one can prove that I posted all the spam in an effort to get MORE POWER.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's because I had an "American Pie" image come to mind when reading the thread title, isn't it?
X
Delle

Post by Delle »

Well, I'm here, though quiet. If you want me to, I'd be happy to delete spam.
Troll

Post by Troll »

I'll do it if its really really necessary but I'm sure Bettie can deal with it.

No wait, yes make me a mod. Ha. At last to rule. Can I change my user name to General Zod? Please canIhuhcanI? Am I allowed to kill people if I'm a mod? Do I have to give them warnings first or some stupid thing like that?
Julia

Post by Julia »

But if you delete all the spam what will we eat with our baked beans?
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Julia wrote:But if you delete all the spam what will we eat with our baked beans?
SPAM!SPAM!SPAM!SPAM!SPAM!SPAM!

SAPMITY SPAM! SPAM SPAM!
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums
Dr Horrible

Post by Dr Horrible »

I am being warned by google safe browsing that their is a malicious worm associated with this site from a third party. Not sure if it is true or not, but wanted to give you the heads up.
Look at me man, I'm moist. I mean at my most bad-ass I make people feel like they want to take a shower. I'm not E.L. material.

Hi...its me tigger.