I finally downloaded FireFox... help please!

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
Sheri

I finally downloaded FireFox... help please!

Post by Sheri »

I've finally joined the revolution and downloaded Firefox. What add-ins should I download? Which ones should I not download? Please tell me a bit about them -- there's so many options!

Any tips I should know?
Flaime

Re: I finally downloaded FireFox... help please!

Post by Flaime »

I recommend one called noscript - it keeps scripts of unknown origin from running on your system without permission. Just google for NoScript 1.9
JupiterAmy

Post by JupiterAmy »

text/plain (the one I have right now is version 1.1.9.1). It converts plain text urls and email addresses into usable links. There are a few different add-ons that do this, but I like this one the best.

If you like stealing downloading things from the internet, I recommend DownloadHelper (4.1). It lets you download videos that appear on most sites. Like, for example, YouTube.
" I'm a screw-up, and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. "
Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Sheri wrote:I've finally joined the revolution and downloaded Firefox. What add-ins should I download? Which ones should I not download? Please tell me a bit about them -- there's so many options!

Any tips I should know?
Okay - how Whendonized am I? When I read you post, I thought, "YEAH! Another Firefly fan! Then I realized that isn't at all what you posted (This is the thought process: what plug-ins for "Firefly? How do you have plug-ins for a DVD set? Is there a new browser or media player out there with a theme of "Firefly"? - then it hit me; fireFOX). I felt sad. I'm over it, now.

Dyslexics UNTIE! (yes, I know, unite not untie - go with the joke, okay?)
From the mind of the official Techboy (R) of the Temporary forums