Joss receiving an award at Harvard

A temporary board while I'm working out issues with the real WD.

The posts made here will not appear on the real WD when it re-opens.

Please note that I won't be providing any technical support for this board, as I would prefer to focus my attention on fixing the other board. So, if you're confused by anything, just try to figure things out, search the phpBB forums, ask other users for help, or just bear with it.
mouse

Joss receiving an award at Harvard

Post by mouse »

3rd Annual Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism

Presented by: Harvard Secular Society & Harvard Humanist Chaplaincy

See a TV icon speak about his life as a Humanist! Academy and Emmy Award-nominated Writer & Director Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse) will receive our 3rd annual "Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism" as part of the can't-miss event that 1st recipient Sir Salman Rushdie called "Atheistmas".

*More details:* We're delighted that Joss Whedon, the Academy Award and Emmy Award-nominated creator of the TV shows Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, this past summer's media-redefining Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and the new Fox show Dollhouse (premiering this Friday, February 13), will receive the 2009 Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism. Whedon will discuss his experience in film and television and his humanist values.

The award, previously presented to novelist Salman Rushdie and punk rocker (and evolutionary biologist) Greg Graffin, is sponsored by the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard and the Harvard Secular Society. The ceremony will take place on Friday April 10 at 8pm, in The Memorial Church in Harvard Yard. Preceding the presentation of the award, Mr. Whedon will give a short speech about his life and work as a Humanist. The award ceremony will be followed by a Q&A session with Mr. Whedon, as well as a signing opportunity in the church.

Whedon has a devoted following of fans, including the online web community whedonesque.com. In addition to his art, he has also been active in promoting women's rights through his work with Equality Now, an organization that honored him in 2006.

His speech to that group shows his passionate commitment to the positive values of Humanism.
Tickets are $10 and available at the link above.
"The massage area. Why? To increase the nudity." ~Joss Whedon

"It's a miraculous thing, the hoohoo. I once saw a woman fit one of those minicars full of clowns in her hoohoo." ~Ghost

"Two by two, boobs of blue." ~MenleyNin
starshine

Re: Joss receiving an award at Harvard

Post by starshine »

Is it safe to assume you're going?
starshine

Re: Joss receiving an award at Harvard

Post by starshine »

I just got off the phone with my nephew. He didn't even know about it....AND HE GOES TO HARVARD!

He's also a Joss fan so he was quite appreciative that I gave him the head's up.